Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Progress

First, let me say thank you. Thank to my family, friends, acquaintances, and strangers who have been encouraging and supporting me. I'm so blessed to be surrounded by friends in the middle of the support raising process to relate to and people that are willing to try and understand. I'm blessed to go to a church that is passionate about missions and proud of my serving in Clarkston. I"m blessed to be a solid 43%! Y'all are seriously the best and I can honestly say that I couldn't do this without you.

I'm so thankful for the support and love. Y'all make this pie chart and my life in Clarkston possible!

Homework Group:
It's been really exciting to be a part of the homework groups that have picked up since school started. I had the honor of hanging out with Josh and his boys while cooking them pancakes for their dinner one Tuesday night. I also got to sit in with Scott's group where it all started. I remember going to hang out with the same group of kids when I was in high school. It's pretty cool to still be in touch with those kiddos.

The most exciting thing though is the girls group that Annalisa and I have started together. The support has been overwhelming in the form of volunteers and materials. We had a wonderful party this past week with about 25 people including, students, volunteers, and some wonderful people from the Chick-fil-a Foundation. They brought us a delicious dinner and shared some encouraging and inspiring words with the girls.

It's so great that these students in these groups are getting the chance to have so many people who care pour into their lives. What a blessing it is to be here and see so many people getting excited about serving the youth outside of Summer Camp.

This is the youth room where homework groups meet and friends are made. Homey right?

FOR at the Fox:
Other than the really awesome homework groups that are going on, there's other cool things to be excited about too. For example,a few of us got the chance to go to the Fabulous Fox for the Chick-fil-a Foundation's first ever True Inspiration awards. Three youth, with fancy new duds, and a few staff members were all dressed to the nines for the event. There was a dinner and award ceremony where non profits from around the nation were recognized and rewarded for their work with youth in the areas of leadership, education, and entrepreneurship. Friends of Refugees was not in the running this year, but we were able to do some networking and learn about what other organizations were doing. On top of that we got to meet Lecrea, which was a pretty big deal. All in all, our group had a blast. It was so much fun to get dressed up and have a special night out. It was nicer even to be around so man other people who care so much about nurturing youth to be all they can be. It's encouraging to know there's so many people out there who care.

Two lovely ladies who repped FOR well at their first visit to The Fox. 


Prayer Requests:

  • Pray that the homework groups continue to grow and have a positive impact on the youth. 
  • Pray that support continues to come in so I can focus on being fully here without having to worry about finances. 
  • Pray for my health as I get over a nasty sinus infection.  
  • Pray for the community that Kingdom of God would continue to come in Clarkston.

No comments:

Post a Comment