Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Call for Support

My Grandpa is a wonderful and wise man who once said, "Working for God doesn't pay very well, but your boss is awesome and the retirement benefits are out of this world!" The truth is he's not wrong. There are tons of Bible verses I could post about welcoming the foreigner, serving the widowed and the orphaned, or taking the Gospel to all the nations. I encourage you to look into those topics or check out this resource for some specific verses. I really want to focus on what Jesus tells us in Matthew 18 right now though. He says that the children are the greatest in the Kingdom of heaven and that "whoever receives one such child in my name receives me" (Matt 18:5). What I'm doing here in Clarkston, the reason that I came, was to serve these kids that the Lord already loves so much and support them in whatever way I can. I came to love them and be a face they know and recognize that can connect them and their families with resources. I came to hang out with them, listen to them, get ice cream with them. I came to provide them with opportunities to improve themselves and learn through summer camp and after school programs. I came to be a neighbor, a mentor, and a friend. I believe that the work I am doing here has eternal effects.

My official role at Friends of Refugees is as Youth Programs Staff (specifically the 2016 Camp Director!). FOR is working to raise part of what I need to live on over the next year, but I'm responsible for raising the rest. Being in this position is one that can be very scary sometimes. You put yourself in the vulnerable place of asking others for help and depend on those people to come through for you. The really cool thing about being in this position is that I have to fully depend on the Lord to provide the right people to support me. It's a humbling yet exciting state to be in. Every single donation, every dollar and every encouragement is all not just for my good, but allows for the continuation of the Lord's work with the youth here in Clarkston.

I genuinely hope you will consider supporting me with a one time or monthly financial gift. Check out my support letter, contact me for more information, and pray about it.

Thank you for reading this blog and being the awesome, supportive, people that you are. I couldn't do any of this without y'all!

When you support me, you support this one too. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment