Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Sharing the Love

Welcoming the new interns to Clarkston has been a blast. I always love having the opportunity to share my love and passion for this place with new people. Our 20+ member camp team is preparing for the chaos we lovingly call Summer Spectacular. We are getting to know each other's strengths and weaknesses and learning how to be the bet leaders we can be. Tomorrow we will be getting down to the nitty gritty camp details (pray that we are able to present this information in a way that is interesting and fun). I'm so looking forward to getting to know all of these wonderful interns better and seeing them grow as they love on these kids and their families at camp.

An extra plus today was welcoming my good friend Chelsea to Clarkston. She's a loving and caring friend who I have always depended on to keep me in check. She makes sure that I take care of myself and has a huge heart for serving others. After a nice Chickfila dinner, I took her on a driving tour of the 1 square-mile small town with a big heart (Clarkston's motto). I showed her the Community Center where we have camp, the buildings that hold our offices, and the many apartment complexes where our campers live. We were fortunate to stumble upon a few kids I know well and jumped out to play for a little while. Chels was able to get the "Clarkston experience" being surrounded by the cheerful hearts of children from at least 3 different countries. We talked about the refugee process, how summer camp works, the background stories of the kids we hung out with, and how good God is. We celebrated the generosity and provision that the two of us and many of our other friends have shared in as well as.

I feel so beyond blessed by the support I have received so far. Thank you so much to everyone for the phone calls, texts, donations, Facebook messages, and prayers. I appreciate all of you so much and I love that I get to share in this exciting time of my life with you. If you would like a Clarkston tour, let me know. Come and see...though I must warn you that you are likely to leave a part of your heart here if you come.

Prayer Requests:
Pray for us all to get the rest we need as we digest the information thrown at all of us during orientation week. Pray for us to be refreshed and revived as we go into the first day of camp.

Also pray for our very first short term team that will be joining us the first week of camp. They are a brave and bold team for coming the first week as we are working out the kinks and getting use to our roles at camp.

Pray for our campers and their families. As much as I love camp, it's not for me. Camp is for the camper. Pray for the campers to have a full, fun, and SAFE summer. Pray that we are providing for the needs that they have and that we are able to build relationships that will last with campers and their families. Pray that the Kingdom of God would come and fill camp this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment