Saturday, May 16, 2015

Next Steps

What a whirlwind! I have spent the last month graduating from UGA, getting engaged to the most awesome guy there is, and finding a place to live in Clarkston. All these amazing life events happening at the same time could easily be overwhelming, but I have such an amazing support system of family and friends that the celebrations just keep coming.

I have spent the last week preparing for the move from Athens to Clarkston and easing myself back into Camp Co-Directer mode. It only took a few hours in the office and a home visit to one of my favorite families to get me back in the groove.

Fortunately, there are some really amazing people helping make this years Summer Spectacular better than any I've ever seen before (and it hasn't even started yet!). The Lord has definitely heard our cry for help and answered 10 times over. We are looking at having 3 times more interns this year than last year and staff has over doubled in size!

There are also High School Helpers left and right signing up to be trained into leaders in training for the camp they grew up participating in as campers. It's so amazing and beautiful to see the transformation that happens as those little middle school campers turn into responsible High School Helpers. We are so blessed to work with youth who are so invested in the program and willing to give back.

I also have a new house that I am moving into while all these last minute camp pieces are falling together. Carrie, Sarah, and I will soon be moved into a nice little house in Clarkston where the three of us will be able to continue serving the Clarkston community with Friends of Refugees year round.

Prayer Requests:
Pray for me as my entire life is in the middle of transitioning into a new house, job, and engagement. All these happy events happening at once can take a toll on a person!

Pray for Summer Camp staff as we all get into groove of what we need to do to prepare for camp as we also get to know each other. Pray that our goals for camp would be in line with what the Lord wants. 

Thank you for your investment! You matter to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment