Friday, July 10, 2015

Harvest Week

This week we were blessed with some time off from camp. We weren't just sitting around though. There was a lot to catch up on!

Our group outside of Chickfila headquarters.

Monday we deep cleaned the community center where we hold most of camp. Tuesday was filled with meetings and research one of our interns is conducting to see how we can improve parent involvement in our program (my nerdy side is really excited about this project!). Wednesday we took the High Schoolers for a tour at the Chickfila headquarters (it was really legit and the kids loved it). Thursday was more meetings about what the youth programs will look like when school starts back. Throughout the whole week we got to do one of my favorite parts of the summer...Mid-Summer Evaluations!!! The MSE consists of nothing more than about 12 questions Josh and I go through with small groups of interns. I love this time so much because on a day to day basis we don't get to check in too much with each other individually. It's so great to have an hour and half to sit down and talk about the summer, life, and how truly good God is. There is so much growth that happens in this precious time.

Mr. Josh in Mr. Cathy's office.

Friday was we took completely off. I took some time with my sister and mom to get lunch, find a wedding dress for me, bridesmaid dresses for my girls, resize my engagement ring (turns out it was a size and a half too big!), and then dinner with the family. What a productive day and great way to end a restful week. I'm feeling rested and ready to finish out the rest of the summer strong. I can't wait for my McKendree people to get here in a few days and I'm looking forward to the shenanigans we have planned for the coming week.

Spirit week, here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment