Monday, December 7, 2015

I'm lovin' it

A bridge at SIFAT modeled after what you might find in India.
Guys. I love my job. Outside of summer camp I still get to do so many things that I love and am passionate about. Things like driving over to Alabama with some sweet friends to tour a camp (SIFAT) that's doing awesome things. Or organizing ornament decorating for who knows how many people and a 14-foot tree out at the community garden. Or hanging out with youth just because we can. Or loving on and appreciating faithful volunteers because they are awesome. I even love creating the handbooks and documents we use to help train our volunteer teams and interns well and setting them up for successful ministry. It brings me joy to use the passions and experience that the Lord has gifted me with to help grow His Kingdom by facilitating a platform for relationships between people who know Jesus and people who might not.

In this season of life, I'm learning just how crucial friends are. Friends of Refugees name is no mistake. Sometimes just having someone there to love you and walk through life with you is exactly what you need. Being that person for someone else is a blessing. I've taken to telling people that on some level, my job is to be a professional friend. I'll sit and talk with you. Take you to school. Help you figure out and process the hard stuff that's going on. We will celebrate the good stuff. We'll just live life together and see where God takes us. 

Thank you so much to all of you who pour into me via texts, Facebook likes, phone calls, lunches, through prayer or any other platform. I'm so full that I'm able to be that person for others. I really couldn't do without you and find myself daily praising the Lord for the army of people behind me supporting my life here. Y'all are top notch! 

Prayer Requests:

  • I sometimes just stay sick from Thanksgiving until Easter. I'd rather that not be the case. Pray that my immune system would work well and that my asthma and allergies would stay in check. 
    • Along the same lines, pray that there becomes a way for us to get rid of the mold that has taken over our youth room where we do all of our after school programming. It's no good for me or the kids.  
  • Time: this part of the year is crazy busy. Pray for us all that we'd be able to do what needs to be done while still having time to spend with people we love and remember what this wonderful season is all about. The most wonderful gift that the world has ever received in the form of a baby named Jesus. 
Only in Clarkston do you accidentally buy cabbage
instead of lettuce...oops
"Everybodys habs diner"

No comments:

Post a Comment