Monday, November 2, 2015

God Wins

It is becoming abundantly clear to me what abundant life can be like. Over the past week or so I have just been overwhelmed with how supportive and loving the people in my life are (and just how many of those people in blessed to have in my life). A trip to Athens to visit with old friends, some FaceTime to visit with far away friends, and quality time with new friends right here in the Atlanta area. Community is such a sweet, sweet thing.

Don't forget my family, though. Their phone calls, texts, care packages, and visits have what helped me get here in the first place. They are amazing, y'all. They keep tabs on my life better than I can and I'm so thankful for their interest and desire to be a part of what I get to do here in Clarkston. I'm well aware of others in similar jobs as mine that don't have the unconditional love and support I've received. Family, you rock. 

Updates!
Everything is holding steady. We've had so much fun with the girls group on Thursdays getting to know each other, laughing, and doing homework. Their a pretty incredible group of ladies. Our volunteers too though. We could not have such a great turnout without their help. These girls can't help but to leave the group knowing that they are loved and cared for by others. While I don't spend as much time with the boys in Tuesday's, I know there's a similar theme there. 

Never get tired of pictures of this room. It's where God comes to meet with the youth. 

I've started to come to the conclusion that the job of all the youth staff in all of Clarkston to prove to these young people that they are always loved wherever they go and whatever they do. It's a beautiful thing really. I saw evidence of this at a bonfire after Friday night youth group. It's pretty awesome when a group of adults gather together to pray about and discuss the best ways to minister to the youth in the area. It was both personally refreshing and enhancing to the Kingdom. 

Who doesn't love a good fire? 
My friends who I get to Drive around town frequently are doing really well right now. Staying in a house with another family has been a blessing for them. The 12-year-old has been granted access to stay at his school (praise the Lord) and soon a bus will take him to school. Trust me, this kid deserves some normalcy in his life. He's been a champ through the whole situation. Mom is also doing well. Staying with another family has given her the opportunity to help around the house and find other ways to serve the family hosting her. It does wonders for your dignity when you can help provide for your family even a little bit. Keep praying for them to move towards getting back on their feet. 

My view for much of the time I'm in the car.
That's about all I have for you. Except one more thing...WE GOT A $50,000 CHECK! Youth Programs applied for a grant through Chick-fil-a's True Inspiration awards and out of all the other youth programs in the nation, we won. Praise God!

I know I am a tiny person. 

Speaking of, tonight I'm going to hang out with a bunch of volunteers who have decided to put in their own pumpkin carving event for some youth. I love their intentionality. 

No comments:

Post a Comment